How to Embed Google Reviews on a Website
Let's see how to use Elfsight Google Reviews to create and add a review widget to your website: customer reviews, rating badges, and a Google link to collect user feedback.
You can publish reviews on your website in four easy steps:
Sounds easy, doesn't it? In addition, you'll add reviews with zero coding, ready-made templates, and any platform support.
Step 1. Create a Google Reviews widget
First, we’re going to choose a template for your personal case. Slider or Grid are perfect for embedding reviews on a page, simple and uncluttered layouts work best for the footer and sidebar, rating badges are great for floating widgets. After you've chosen your perfect variant, click ‘Continue with this template’.
Add sources to the Google Reviews widget
You have two options of embedding reviews into the widget from your Google My Business profile:
- Method 1. Display reviews by address - just enter your address in the search bar in the widget.
- Method 2. Display reviews by the Google Maps embed code - it requires visiting a Google Maps website, however this way is reliable and works in any case.
You can read more about adding review sources to the widget.
Step 2. Customize the review widget
After you’ve launched the widget, you can totally customize it the way you wish in a visual editor. In a few easy clicks you’ll be able to set up the added Google Reviews and embed them into a website - in the right look and design.
Change the layout
Choose List, Masonry, Grid, Carousel, Floating badge or Embeddable badge to make interaction with Google reviews as seamless as possible. Afterwards, select a review style. See which elements are necessary to include and switch them on or off. Finally, choose a light or dark color scheme, an accent color, a font, and see your beautiful customer reviews in preview.
Bonus: Review Schema markup already built into the widget
Micro-markup is necessary to form a rich snippet, which will show stars for a web page in search results and, accordingly, receive more clicks. You can read more about how Schema markup works in the Google Reviews widget.
It is by default switched on in the Reviews widget. However, you can always turn it on or off if you wish.
Step 3. Get an embed code
Save the resulting widget, then in your Elfsight Apps account get the Google Review embed code and copy it. Now you can add it to your site to display the review widget you've created.
Step 4. Paste the code to the website
You can paste the widget installation code to any platform which supports custom HTML. When you’ve made sure your website builder or CMS supports this opportunity, you can continue with the next stages.
a) Create an HTML section in your page or website template.
b) Paste the embed code there
c) Save the changes and check the integrated widget
It’s so easy! The overall process depends on a platform you use for website creation. Below, you can find the more thorough guides on reviews embedding into different website builders.
How to add Google Reviews to Shopify
- Go to your website’s backend, choose the needed page, then click ‘Customize’ in the ‘Online Store’ section.
- Pick the ‘Custom Content’ section and click ‘Add Section’ where you want to integrate Google Reviews.
- Click ‘Custom HTML’ field, remove all unnecessary elements of the ‘Custom Content’ block and click ‘Add content’.
- Remove the heading and other components, then paste the widget's code into the ‘Custom HTML’ box, set the container's width to 100%.
- Save the changes, and enjoy the embedded Google Reviews.
Read a more detailed guide on how to add reviews to a Shopify website.
How to embed Google Review on Squarespace
- Go to the Squarespace admin panel.
- Click Edit, in the place where you need to display the widget, click a plus icon и add a Code section.
- Embed installation code there.
- Click 'Save' and see the displayed reviews on a Squarespace page.
You can also read a more thorough guide on how to add Google Reviews to a Squarespace website.
How to add Google Review to WordPress
- Go to the WordPress admin panel and choose the page for Google Reviews.
- Choose a place on a page where you need the reviews to display and click +Add block.
- Search for a Custom HTML block and embed the saved code there.
- Save the changes and preview the result.
Please get acquainted a more in-depth instruction on how to insert reviews to a WordPress website.
If you're experiencing any troubles with the process of embedding Google reviews on your platform, you’re always welcome to contact our Support team. We're always eager to help!