How to provide access to your WordPress website
Sometimes Elfsight Support Team might request temporary access to your WordPress website's admin panel. This article explains the reasons why and the way of sharing access.
In this article
Why we might need access
Here are the basic reasons:
- to help you install your widget
- to fix compatibility issues
- to customize your widget
3 easy steps to provide access
To give us access you need to add a new temporary user. This is how you can do it:
- Log in to your WordPress panel and click Add New in Users section
- Fill in the User information
- Username: elfsight
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Role: Administrator (only Administrator role can access Plugins and Appearances sections)
- Click the Add New User button
The user elfsight with email@example.com email has been added.
Remove Elfsight user
It’s important to delete the users you gave access to your website's backend to when they no longer need it.
- Go to Users → All Users.
- Find the user elfsight and click Remove.
The user elfsight with firstname.lastname@example.org email has been removed.
Is it safe to provide Elfsight with access?
We request access to a website's backend to work with our widgets only. Our high skilled developers who are extremely good at WordPress will come to the rescue and make things right for you! We're not going to work with any other elements on your website.