How to provide access to your Google Sites website
Sometimes Elfsight Support Team might request temporary access to your Google Sites website's admin panel. This article explains the reasons why and the way of sharing access.
In this article
Why we might need access
Here are the basic reasons:
- to help you install your widget
- to fix compatibility issues
- to customize your widget
Inviting a contributor to new Google Sites
To give us the access you need to add a new contributor. This is how you can do it in new Google Sites:
- Log in to your website's dashboard and click on Share with others:
- Add [email protected] address and click on Save:
- Click on Send: The invitation is sent. Please tell us that you've added [email protected] as a contributor, we'll accept the access and install the widget for you.
- When the work is done you're free to remove the access. To do it click on Share with others and select the access you need to remove: Then click on Editor → Remove:
Inviting a contributor to old Google Sites
The procedure of adding a contributor to old Google Sites is a little different, however, still quite quite simple.
- Log in to your website's backend and select Sharing and Permissions:
- Select Invite people, add [email protected] email address and press Send: The access is granted. Please inform us that you've added [email protected] as a contributor, we'll accept the access and install the widget.
- When the work is done you're free to remove the access. To do it go to Share and Permissions and click on Delete:
Is it safe to provide Elfsight with access?
We request access to a website's backend to work with our widgets only. Our high skilled developers who are extremely good at Google Sites will come to the rescue and make things right for you! We're not going to work with any other elements on your website.
If you have any questions left, please, feel free to contact our support team at https://help.elfsight.com/contact, we will be delighted to assist.