How to provide access to your BigCommerce website
Sometimes Elfsight Support Team might request temporary access to your BigCommerce website's admin panel. This article explains the reasons why and the way of sharing access.
In this article
Why we might need access
Here are the basic reasons:
- to help you install your widget
- to fix compatibility issues
- to customize your widget
3 easy steps to provide access
To give us access you need to add a new temporary user. This is how you can do it:
Log in to your BigCommerce admin panel backend and go to
Account Settings section.
Select Users and click Create User Account.
Fill in the user information
- Email: [email protected]
- User Role: Store Administrator
- User Permissions: check Store Design and Design Mode in System Admin Permissions, and uncheck the rest of the options in the other sections.
- Press Save The user with the email [email protected] has been added. We'll get a message at this email with the invite link.
Remove Elfsight user
It’s important to delete the users you gave access to your website's backend to when they no longer need it.
- Go to Account Settings → Users
- Uncheck the user with the email [email protected] and click Remove
The user elfsight with [email protected] email has been removed.
Is it safe to provide Elfsight with access?
We request access to a website's backend to work with our widgets only. Our high skilled developers who are extremely good at BigCommerce will come to the rescue and make things right for you! We're not going to work with any other elements on your website.
If you have any questions left, please, feel free to contact our support team at https://help.elfsight.com/contact, we will be delighted to assist.