Google Analytics 4 (GA4): Where to find my events
In this article
What is an event in Google Analytics
Events let you measure user interactions on your website or app, for example, how many times someone clicks on a certain button in the widget. Google Analytics uses the events data to create reports with information about your business.
Where to find an event in Google Analytics GA4
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Go to the Reports tab of your Google Analytics dashboard:
- Choose the report type: Realtime Report or Reports Snapshot. Below, we're going to describe how to work with each of them.
Realtime tab lets you monitor activity on your website or app as it happens. The arrangement of cards lets you see how users enter the conversion funnel, and how they behave once they're in the funnel.
- To access the Realtime report, find Reports → Realtime in the left navigation menu:
- Scroll till the bottom of the page until you see the Event section:
Click on the label/event category to see more info. To check the clicks statistics, choose the
There you'll see the detailed info about the
clickcategory. You can check
event_categoryto see the event parameter:
event_labelto see the details:
Reports snapshot displays snapshots of the collected data. Please wait till the snapshots are generated, it may take some time.
- In the left navigation, click Reports → Reports snapshot. Scroll up to the What are your top events? section and click on View events:
Here you can check your events:
In case you faced any difficulties or still have any questions that you didn't find the answers for, please contact our Support Team, we will be delighted to help you!